Sunday, January 21, 2007

Accomplishments


over at DigiScrapShak we have a blog challenge that reads:

What have you done recently that has given you a sense of personal accomplishment?
Mine doesn't have anything to do with scrapbooking. About 10 years ago I graduated from the local community college with my AA degree to transfer out to a 4 year university. My goal was to be a teacher. Well, 10 years later I am back at the same community college getting my AS in Early Childhood Development. I am taking 3 classes this semester, that once completed, I will be able to take a test for my CDA which is pretty much a certificate to be able to teach preschool. I am not stopping there thought, I plan on teaching preschool and finishing my 2 year degree so that I can become a teacher in the public school system down here in Florida. I feel so at peace with this decision and I get so excited to go to school now. I finally feel I am something other than a wife and mother, I am remembering what it is like to be me...Maria :)
my wonderful 3 1/2 yr old daughter took this picture of me. Not the greatest photo, but hey It's ME :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

with my degree I can teach up to 3rd grade, I would probably prefer Kindergarten or 1st grade. How exciting that you are going back! I am having time management issues, but it has only been 3 weeks and I am still not in the "groove" of school work yet.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home